District Water Management Agency
DWMA has been created as a separate establishment by bifurcating from DRDA in the year 2001 exclusively to look after development of Human resources and Natural resources on Water shed basis..
Vizianagaram District is one of the backward District in the costal agency of the state of Andhra Pradesh. Due to various reasons like hill track, short fall of rain, lack of proper irrigation facilities, illiteracy, poverty, lack of awareness etc. People used to migrate from rural areas to urban areas like Vijayawada, Rajahmundry, Kakinada, Hyderabad, Visakhapatnam, Chennai, Kolkata etc. places, in search of their livelihood.
At this juncture, NREGS-AP had been launched on 2nd February, 2006 at M. Ravivalasa village of Merakmudidam Mandal in Vizianagaram District of Andhra Pradesh implemented by DWMA. Since then the Project is being successfully implemented , resulting in lowering the migration of the Rural poor and support of enhancing the standards of living of poor.
- Desiltation works
- Percolation and Mini percolation tanks.
- Construction of new Water Harvesting Structures & Repairs.
- Approach roads to Agriculture fields, Burial Grounds and Public Institutions
- Land Development works
- Public Institutions development works.
- Soak pits & Roof Water Harvesting Structures.
- NADEP and Vermi compost Pits.
- Bund Plantation
- Avenue plantation
- Block Plantation and Community Land plantation
- Threshing Floors
- School Compound Walls.
- Rural infrastructure works.
Project Director: 9849903737 , Additional Project Director : 8790902279
Appelate Authority : Project Director,9849903737
Public Information Officer : Administrative Officer,7702077439
Assistant Public Information Officer:Superintendent,9949867284
Important Web Sites
Departmental Web Site : http://www.nrega.ap.gov.in