District Mineral Foundation Trust, Vizianagaram
District Minera Foundation Trust (DMF) is a trust set up as a non-profit body, in those districts like Paravthipuram Manyam Districtthat are affected by the mining works. This has been set up to work for the interest and benefit of persons and areas affected by mining related operations. It is funded through the royalty contributions from mining companies/ individuals.
The Government of India vide Ordinance No.3 of 2015, dt.12.01.2015 issued amendments to Mines & Mineral (Development & Regulation) Act, 1957 and as per section 9(B)(1) of the Amended, “the State Government shall, by notification, Establish a Trust, as a nonprofit body, to be called the District Mineral Foundation” in any district affected by mining, related operations.
- The Government of India vide Notification GSR No.715(E), dated 17.09.2015 issued notification for publication of the Mines & Minerals (Contribution to District Mineral Foundation) Rules, 2015 and fixing 10% of Royalty as DMF in respect of Prospecting Licence cum Mining Leases granted on or after 12.01.2015 and 30% of Royalty in respect of the Mining Leases granted before 12.01.2015.
- Accordingly, the State Government vide G.O.Ms.No.42 Industries & Commerce (M.II) Department, dated 26.06.2015 decided, in principle, for establishment of District Mineral Foundations in each of (13) districts of Andhra Pradesh State, being mineral bearing Districts.
- Subsequently vide G.O.Ms.No.36, Industries & Commerce (M.II) Department, dt. 14.03.2016 has issued the Andhra Pradesh District Mineral Foundation Trust Rules, 2016 and issued operational guidelines.
Objectives of the DMF
- To work for the interest and benefit of the persons and areas affected by mining related operations
- To plan, allocate and ensure effective utilization of the funds accruing to the DMF Establishment.
- To ensure that the needs of the affected areas and families are addressed from time to time.
- To ensure effective coordination and flow of information between the village level committee, Gramsabha, MRO/MDO offices and the Governing Council for proper decision making.
|1||District Collector||Chair Person & Managing Trustee|
|3||Project Officer ITDA / District Tribal Welfare Officer||Trustee|
|5||District Medical & Health Officer||Trustee|
|6||Joint Director ( Animal Husbandry)||Trustee|
|7||Joint Director (Agriculture)||Trustee|
|8||Superintending Engineer (Panchayat Raj)||Trustee|
|9||Superintending Engineer (Rural Water Supply)||Trustee|
|10||Superintendent Engineer (Tribal Welfare)||Trustee|
|11||Superintendent Engineer (Irrigation)||Trustee|
|12||District Education Officer||Trustee|
|13||Project Officer (RVM)||Trustee|
|14||General Manager (Industries)||Trustee|
|16||District Panchayat Officer||Trustee|
|17||District Mines and Geology Officer||Trustee|
|18||Representative of NGO working in the District, nominated by the Government;||Trustee|
|19||Two representatives of the lessees to be nominated by the District Collector;||Trustee|
|20||Two women representative of the self Help Group to be nominated by the District Collector||Trustee|
|21||District Level Programme Manager / Officer of Smart Andhra Pradesh Foundation (SAPF)||Trustee|
|22||Hon`ble MP of Lok Sabha, (in case, the constituency of an MP of Lok Sabha falls in more than one district, such an MP of Lok Sabha shall be a member of the Governing Council of all such districts).||Trustee|
|23||Hon`ble MP of Rajya Sabha from a State shall be a member of Governing Council of one district selected by him/her.||Trustee|
|24||Hon`ble Members of Legislative Assembly in the District||Trustee|
|25||Hon`ble Members of Legislative Council, of the State (MLC) shall be a member of the Governing Council of one district selected by him/her.||Trustee|
As per G.O.Ms.No.36, Inds.& Com. (M.II) Department, dated: 31.03.2016 District Mineral Foundation Trust, Vizianagaram District was registered on 01.04.2016 vide Regd no.15/2016 of BK-4. Governing Council for DMFT, Vizianagaram District was notified and has been functioning under the chairmanship of Collector & District Magistrate, Vizianagaram District.
An amount of Rs.76,82,154/- was collected for the month of October’ 2023. DMF contributions are being received through CFMS. 95% of total DMF amount was allotted for Development in Mining Affected Villages, 2% of total DMF amount was allotted for Head Office for IT development and 3% of total DMF amount was allotted for DMF Secretariat Vizianagaram District.