Venu Gopala Swamy Temple, Bobbili
Deeply religious, the royal family of Bobbili worshipped Venugopala Swamy ever since the Kingdom of Bobbili was founded. After the devastating war which wiped out most of the Bobbili Fort, the royal descendent, Chinna Ranga Rao took over the reins of Bobbili, and had a new temple constructed for the ancient idol recovered from the ruins. It is located close to the royal residence and is the most worshipped temple in Bobbili. The Gopuram (entrance) was built by Swetha Chalapati Ranga Rao in 1851. It is the only temple in the region where the Gopuram is higher than the main temple. On festive occasions, the idols of the deities in the temple are adorned with precious antique jewellery. The Vasant Mandapam stands in the placid waters of a lake. The idol from the temple of Lord Venugopala Swamy is brought to the lake annually to celebrate the onset of spring. The mandapams were constructed by Maharaja Krishnadas Ranga Rao, in 1825.
It is located in Bobbili Town